Yet another RAID Question (YARQ)

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Wed Jun 22 20:51:05 GMT 2005

I know this technique isn't feasable in all situations, but I try to
have duplicate hardware. Especially with my IDE RAID1 servers, I'll from
time to time during a maintenance window pop one of the RAID disks out,
throw it in another box and ensure BOTH machines boot up with individual
disks.

This is a sure test to ensure RAID is working. Mind you, I also back up
using rsync for critical stuff to another box, and to tape as well.

Steve