FreeBSD Machines dieing, we've tried so much....

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Wed Jun 22 17:14:53 GMT 2005

>I had same situation with to different high loaded servers (both SMP, with 8Gb of
>ram, and HT enabled,), with 5.4 Release, after disabeling HT and cvsup
>OS to 5.4-stable all working fine without any problems, last reboot was 28
>days ago.

That's exactly our config.  SMP, 4 gb RAM, HT was enabled, no longer.
Should I upgrade to 5.4-STABLE?  Is there a bug ?  Is 5.4-STABLE
"stable" enough? :)  Also, if I cvsup to 5.4-STABLE right now, would I
be able to upgrade to 5.5-RELEASE with no probs, or would I forever be
at -STABLE?

Thanks,
Matt