ipf and ipnat

RYAN vAN GINNEKEN luck at computerking.ca
Tue Jun 21 18:45:57 GMT 2005

Hello all i use FreeBSD stable 4.11 and wish to use ipf i have been
using ipfw with type set to open however i have recently been attacked
and need to beef up security.  I have followed the basic setup that is
in the freebsd handbook only differance is i added a few lines here and
there to my ruleset.  Everything seems to work fine when i have
ipfirewall compiled into my kernel.  When i remove the ipfirewall
options ie IPFIREWALL, IPDIVERT  everhting seems to break.  Adding
IPFILTER to the kernel does not help ethier.  what is going on how do i
enable ipf and ipnat and disable ipfw and natd.  I had ipf working once
but now it is broken and so is ipfw i have a broken bsd box please help.