Using FreeBSD to examine/work on a Solaris disk

Wesley Groleau Wesley.Groleau at parkview.com
Tue Jun 21 16:49:43 GMT 2005

I have an i386 FreeBSD 5.4  I've stuck a disk from a Sun Ultra 10 on the
ATA0 slave.

If possible, I'd like to mount it to see what's what.

(and tweak some /etc files so I can get into the Sun).

Is there an fstype to mount the disk?  Or even a way to see the
partition table?

All the ones I tried wouldn't work.  FreeBSD does recognize there is a
disk there.

Of course, I can't be sure it's Solaris---previous owner might have
been into Linux/BSD/whatever.

Wes Groleau                        Wesley.Groleau at parkview.com
EDI Technician                    Phone:  260-373-7787
Parkview Health System      Fax:    260-373-7706