DDS Tape problems

scuba at centroin.com.br scuba at centroin.com.br
Mon Jun 20 15:25:57 GMT 2005

Hi,

	In another message you told that you take it from your AIX
system. Take a look at the DIP-Switches configuration, since it should be
different for that system.

	Look that your dmesg recognizes the tape as SCSI-2, not 3:

Jun 19 20:54:32 monty kernel: sa0: <ARCHIVE Python 04106-XXX 7600>
Removable Sequential Access SCSI-2 device

	I have a Python DAT DDS-3 here that works fine, but the model
shown in dmesg is another:

sa0: <ARCHIVE Python 06408-XXX 8250> Removable Sequential Access SCSI-3
device

- Marcelo Souza

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Pavel Duda wrote:

|Hi,
|I have problem with my DDS-3 type drive. I'm able to write on it but not
|read data back. If I try to read them I get card dump and tape drive
|hangs up. I have tried to upgrade firmware but problem remains. Does
|somebody have experience with this ?
|
|My specs :
|FreeBSD 5.2.1, generic kernel, x86 (P3), SCSI card is Adaptec AHA2940
|and tape drive Python 04106.
|
|I'm attaching dmesg output.
|
|Thanks for any advice....
|  	Pavel Duda