Explaining FreeBSD features

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Mon Jun 20 09:49:09 GMT 2005

Hello.

I am curious why it's so difficult to get a simple and straight
forward list of FreeBSD's features, that normal people can understand?

I am trying to write one of the largest articles ever to be published
on www.PCWorld.no -- to only say good things about FreeBSD. But I want
it clear what good things to say.

http://www.freebsd.org/features.html is alright, but not the best.
Using super-advanced jargons, it says what they are, but not what they do.
At least not in a way normal people can understand.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/unix/ aims more towards the general
public, and does the job a little better. How ever they don't even
mention half of FreeBSD's features.

http://people.freebsd.org/~murray/bsd_flier.html is very, very good.
I get the feeling though, that it ain't like that no more.

Any idea, people?

Thanks!

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz