postfix or qmail?

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Sat Jun 18 17:06:21 GMT 2005

On Saturday 18 June 2005 10:21 am, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:

> It has some interesting tricks (an email address like "user" can
> automatically have aliases like "user-*)

In Postfix's main.cf:

  recipient_delimiter (default: empty)
       The  separator  between  user  names and address extensions (user+foo).

I set mine to "+" and use it all the time whenever I give out my address
(although I subscribed to this mailing list before I migrated to Postfix so
you won't see it on my messages here).  For example, my listed address on
Slashdot is "kirk+slashdot at strauser.com".
--
Kirk Strauser