web calendar program recommendation

Andrew L. Gould algould at datawok.com
Fri Jun 17 07:02:53 GMT 2005

On Thursday 16 June 2005 08:38 am, Noah wrote:
> FreeBSD-4.11 R3
>

> I am looking for a really nice calendar program that I can run from a
> web interface.  That has the ability to import my calendar from my
> palm.
>
> horde is nice but I cant import any of my palm calendars.
>
> neither can webcalendar unless there is some recent update in the
> past 3 months that does it now.
>
> evolution is nice but I think this is X only and not for the web.
> please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Please pass along any recommendations.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Noah

If you're just trying to get remote access to your calendar using a web
browser, you could use any palm-syncable software and tightvnc.  You
can find tightvnc in the ports.  Tightvnc has a small web server that
allows access to your desktop from a remote internet browser.

Unfortunately, this does not facilitate remote syncing of your palm
device.

To view tightvnc from a web browser, point your url to your desktop
machine using port 5800 +  the display number.

Example:
I sync my palm pilot using the jpilot port.  I invoke tightvnc on
display 1 on my desktop at hostname.com using:
	vncserver :1

To run my desktop from a remote browser, I would point my browser to:
	http://hostname.com:5801
Then I run jpilot on my desktop.

I hope this helps.

Andrew Gould