web calendar program recommendation

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Fri Jun 17 06:21:02 GMT 2005

The problem isn't the applications.  The problem is that Palm in it's
infinite stupidity does not support any of the standardized calendar
syncing formats.  And your also confused because the ical on a Mac
isn't the same thing as IETF's standard  RFC2445 spec iCAL.

Palm claims support of ical for their handhelds but they are talking
about the ical application on a Mac.  They aren't talking about the
standards-based RFC, which is what Horde and all the other calendaring
applications support.

Please see the following for enlightenment:

http://zgp.org/pipermail/linux-elitists/2004-January/008663.html

http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Apps/scheduling.html

About the only thing that the OP can do is sync to Palm Desktop on
a 'doze box then export the calendar from that comma-delimited then
suck that into Horde.

Ted