Need a HELP Lead .. For: xorg 6.8.2 - wont start

Everett Batey efbatey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 06:41:03 GMT 2005

FBSD and Nikolas ..

I think I have it scoped out more or less .. from a net bsd site .. this 0x7205
requires a UniChrome Device .. absent in Xorg 6.7 and 6.8 .. NO VIAble driver
in FreeBSD 5.4 w/ X.org .. NOR .. with FreeSBIE 1.1 X.O 6.7 vs 6.8 ...

Doubt if much QA went into X.org for FreeBSD vs the multitude of drivers for
less common cards/chips ..

Only VIAble fixes are another board or getting rid of X.org .. IT IS UNCLEAR
what that requires to lose X.org and revert to XFree86_4 like my working Knoppix
3.4 partition.

Many Thanks

/Ev/

+ product VIATECH VT8378_IG     0x7205  VT8378 KM400 UniChrome
Integrated Graphics

Ev Batey -- WA6CRE -- efbatey at gmail.com
  805 340-6471  http://www.cotdazr.org