Creating a mirror port

Ted Wisniewski ted at ness.plymouth.edu
Tue Jun 14 15:43:27 GMT 2005

I have a FreeBSD box with three Nic's; what I would like to do is mimic the
functionality of a "mirror-port" commonly found on switches.

On a routing firewall I would like traffic from say sk0 destined to sk1 and
vice versa to be mirrored on xl0 for purposes of network management.

I am pretty sure this can be done, but what is the easiest/best way do
implement?  How would this be done for a bridging firewall?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thankd,

Ted

--