Shrinking slices to make room for linux

Richard Lupton r.lupton at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:14:19 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have just installed FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE (my first use of FreeBSD)
onto a Dell Inspiron 5000e laptop, dual booting with Windows. However,
now I would like to install a Linux distro to see if the ACPI support
is any different and so on. I have plenty of space on the FreeBSD
slice, so is there anyway of shrinking the slice without loosing the
data on it (maybe something like GNU parted)? The only references I
have found to this sort of thing are to do with  making FreeBSD slices
bigger...

Thanks,
    Richard