Problem w/ simple Hello World compiled w/ g++

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 08:36:08 GMT 2005

On 6/14/05, Keyser <keyser456 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >Just tried your code on a freshly installed machine, just standard
> >install, no updates performed, and I still cannot reproduce the
> >problem. Your code compiles and runs fine.
> >
> >--
> >Dmitry
>
> Yeah, that's what I feared.  At this point the only plausible cause for this
> that I can think of is gremlins.  I tried installing FreeBSD 5.4 on a
> different, much older and slower box I had, and wouldn't you know, it works.
> Maybe FreeBSD 5.x doesn't like my newer mobo or something, who knows at this
> point.  I've given up on getting it to work on that box.  Thanks anyway
> though.

Would you like to investigate this any further? If yes, could you test
RAM in that newer machine with this http://www.memtest86.com/ or this
http://www.ocztechnology.com/displaypage.php?name=ocz_memtest ,
please? Guess utilities like these may find one or two gremlins there.

--
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"