Flash plugin

Chris Hill chris at monochrome.org
Tue Jun 14 01:25:39 GMT 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Ben Paley wrote:

> First, sorry - I know there's a thread about this already, but I just
> noticed I had "empty trash on exit" ticked in my mail client (doh!),
> so I can't find it...

You could always search the archives:
http://www.freebsd.org/search/index.html

...but I hear ya.

> I've got a brand new (1 week and a bit) install of 5.4-RELEASE, and
> I'm driving myself mad trying to get some flash content in some
> browser or other... I've got opera 8, mozilla 1.7 and firefox 1.0.4,
> and konqueror 3.4.0, and I would be _really_grateful for any help.

I got this working for mozilla by installing two ports:

www/linuxpluginwrapper
www/linux-flashplugin

Can't help you with opera or konqueror, but this should do it for
mozilla; most likely firefox as well.

HTH.

Chris Hill               chris at monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]