Need a HELP Lead .. For: xorg 6.8.2 - wont start

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 13 21:02:11 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 09:55:33AM -0700, Everett Batey wrote:
> Highly Revered Questions Persons at FreeBSD:
>   <shout> HELP </shout>
>  Wish it was a full time job for me to upgrade FreeBSD servers but
> they work so WELL once up. This migration from Xfree86 to X_org
> (every effort to follow their support account/signin has FAILED)
> has hit pretty hard .. nearly 4 days and nights of fishing thru
> xorg.conf

If you want help from the mailing list, you should show us your
xorg.conf, what kind of hardware you have (graphics card and monitor),
and any errors you get in the logfile.

Have you tried running 'Xorg -configure' as root?

Roland
--
R.F.Smith (http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/) Please send e-mail as plain text.
public key: http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/pubkey.txt