JDK Installation

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:17:22 GMT 2005

On Sunday 12 June 2005 20:01,  the author Mike Jeays contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: JDK Installation:

>On Sun, 2005-06-12 at 22:49, Zousys Info wrote:
>> Background Information:
>>
>> FreeBSD 5.4
>> Try to install JDK 1.5.0.03
>> What I have done is :
>>
>> 1) Download JDK bin file from java.sun.com, then
>>    *chmod +x jdk-1_5_0_03-linux-i586.bin*
>> 2) Type yes after the license showing
>> 3) get the following error message:
>> *
>> Do you agree to the above license terms? [yes or no]
>> yes
>> Unpacking...
>> Checksumming...
>> 0
>> 0
>> Extracting...
>> ELF binary type "0" not known.
>> ./install.sfx.5728: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>> cd: can't cd to jdk1.5.0_03
>>
>> *Anyone can help me to install JDK, I have tried different version of
>> JDK on different machine, similiar error, Please give me advise. I will
>> be very very appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you so much!
>>
>> Wallace
>> **

>Look in the recent archives (last two weeks); I had problems with 1.5,
>and found it much easier to install 1.4.  1.5 is still being
>"stabilized".
 I have had no problem installing jdk15 on Freebsd 5.3 once I have:
1. Made sure that procfs was mounted  properly
2. brought the ports tree up to date using cvsup ports-all
3. cd to the appropriate ports directory
4. Made clean if there had been any previous compile attempt
5. Made sure I did "make" and then make install NOT make install
6. Had glib installed
7. Not tried to install directly from the sun supplied jdk but carefully
followed the instruction from the ports make and install processes!!!!!!

David

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.