fstab option to 'skip' a file system?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun Jun 12 03:16:36 GMT 2005

Is there an option that I can add to fstab (or some way of doing it?)
that, when a server reboots, it will 'ignore' that file system, but I can
still do a 'mount /fs' after the fact?

I have remote servers that I'd like to manually fsck one of the file
systems after it comes up, but I don't have a serial console enabled on
them (yet!) ... so, i'd like it to ignore that one file system on reboot,
but still have it listed in /etc/fstab ...

Setting 'passno' to 0, I believe, will cause it to fail to boot due to an
unclean file system, so that doesn't appear to be an option ...

Is that possible?

Thanks ...
----