system cloning

Haulmark, Chris chris at sigd.net
Fri Jun 10 20:31:59 GMT 2005

Someone broke the silence:

> Except that I still have to re-install all of the packages in
> /usr/local, many which have been built from sources.  or are you
> suggesting that I
> copy out the /usr/local tree as well?  Will that break anything?

<snipped>

Well, you brought up something that I forgot about.

I'll rebuild the world/kernel and reinstall.

Then I would use portupgrade to upgrade and rebuild the ports.

Unless you used some special things like installing only tarballs or any
other kind, that is the approach I would go with.

Chris Haulmark