cvs question

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Thu Jun 9 23:31:42 GMT 2005

On 2005-06-09 18:13, Denny White <dennyboy at cableone.net> wrote:
> Hi Bob,
> I have no idea how that happened. I think there was a glitch or
> operator error in pine's gpg filters.  Thanks for replying again. I
> got to thinking, after reading some of the stuff in the cvs & stable
> mailing list, that there could be just a messup in the make code.  I
> pulled the entire src tree along with docs, ports, & www again. This
> time, it all makes fine. But, regardless of where I put the files as
> in
>
> cd /usr
> cvs -d /usr/local/ncvs co www
>
> and the subdir www is created & all the files for www are put there,
> when I do a make install, it still insists on putting the files in
> root's dir, & I just don't have enough room on that partition.  I
> even did a cd into /usr/www/en & did make install.  It still
> insisted on installing all the translations, not just english, & of
> course, all of it into /root.

Is there any particular reason why you are trying to build the web
site?

More importantly, why do you have to build the web site as root?

The files are installed in ${DESTDIR}, which defaults to the
${HOME}/public_html/ directory of the user running the build.

% orion:/d/www/share/mk$ grep DESTDIR *
% web.site.mk:DESTDIR?=   ${HOME}/public_html
% web.site.mk:WEBCHECKINSTALLDIR?= ${DESTDIR}${WEBCHECKDIR}
% web.site.mk:DOCINSTALLDIR=      ${DESTDIR}${WEBBASE}/${WEBDIR}
% web.site.mk:CGIINSTALLDIR=      ${DESTDIR}${WEBBASE}/${CGIDIR}
% web.site.mk:# NOTE: webcheck's output always stored to ${DESTDIR}/webcheck directory.
% orion:/d/www/share/mk$

This is not a CVS problem ;-)