Is there a patch for C-Media CMI9739 AC97 with snd_ich module to make the volume mixer work?

Tom Norris tom at trancegeek.net
Thu Jun 9 22:07:56 GMT 2005

Hey everyone,

I noticed xmms was either going mute or full blast when I came across
this:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-October/062858.html
thanks to google.  I was just wondering if there are any patches to make
the mixer work?  Or, if there isn't, where would I go to get into on how
to do it myself?

Thanks a bunch,
Tom

obligatory config into here:
# uname -a
FreeBSD akuma 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE #0: Sun May  8 10:21:06
UTC 2005    root at harlow.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <nVidia nForce2> at io 0xe400, 0xe800 irq 21 bufsz 16384 kld
snd_ich (1p/1r/0v channels duplex default)

# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
  1   14 0xc0400000 5dde24   kernel
  2    2 0xc09de000 1bd8c    linux.ko
  3    1 0xc09fa000 3f2040   nvidia.ko
  4   14 0xc0ded000 56270    acpi.ko
  5    1 0xc302b000 5000     snd_ich.ko
  6    1 0xc3030000 18000    sound.ko
  7    1 0xc3232000 9000     ntfs.ko

# cat /boot/loader.conf
linux_load="YES"
nvidia_load="YES"
#the next line make all audio pitch down for some reason
#hw.ata.atapi_dma="1"
hw.ata.ata_dma="1"