Initial install of FreeBSD and adding additional hardware

Joel Arakaki jmarakaki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 17:37:45 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying out FreeBSD on a side computer that I eventually want to
use as a small home server.  I was planning on purchasing a PCI SATA
adapter card and an SATA drive, to complement the hard drive already
inside the computer.  My question is: should I wait until the
additional hardware is purchased and installed before installing and
setting up FreeBSD, or would it be okay for me to install and setup
FreeBSD and then add on the additional hardware later?

Thanks!

-Joel