Very Dissapointed

P.U.Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Thu Jun 9 16:22:18 GMT 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, dk dkrules wrote:

> I am very dissappointed. I have been looking on the net for 3 days now
> looking for easy setup guides or How to guides and setting up FreeBSD 5.x
> with transparent proxy and firewall and there simply is no easy way
> explaining to beginners how to do such a setup.
1) Before you start playing around with squid and firewall you
    have to make sure your FreeBSD box works as a gateway.
2) When this is done look into google for setup of squid as a
    transparent proxy (these are two or three entries in a config
    file).
3) enable firewall in /etc/rc.conf with lines like
    firewall_enable="YES"
    firewall_script="/etc/firewall.conf"
4) edit your /etc/firewall.conf with something like

    ipfw add 500 fwd 127.0.0.1 tcp from any to any 80 recv rl0
    ipfw add 60000 allow all from any to any

    where rl0 is the device name of your NIC.
5) reboot

Regards,

Uli.