Setting Up Email Only / Very Restricted Accounts

M. Goodell freebsdutah at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 8 22:45:49 GMT 2005

Hello,

What is the recommended method to setup E-Mail only accounts? I am running a server that will host several websites and also provide e-mail services for many site users. What I want to do is configure each user to only have email access and *no* shell access / ftp access of any kind.

Is it good enough to simply use /usr/sbin/nologin as the shell and leave it at that or is there a more secure / better way of implementing this.

Thank you.

FreeBSDUtah