portupgrade -NRP interrupted, now what?

Gareth Bailey gjbailey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:40:54 GMT 2005

Hi there,

A power cut interrupted my "portupgrade -NRP kde" task. I ran "pkgdb -Fu" as
i thought that it would fix any inconsistencies i might have. I then ran
"portupgrade -NRP kde" in an attempt to continue my package install of kde.
The install is failing with the following sample error messages:

pkg_add: can't open dependency file '/var/db/pkg/kdepim-3.4.0/+REQUIRED_BY'!
dependency registration is incomplete
pkg_add: can't open dependency file '/var/db/pkg/kdesdk-3.4.0/+REQUIRED_BY'!
dependency registration is incomplete
pkg_add: can't open dependency file '/var/db/pkg/kdeutils-3.4.0
/+REQUIRED_BY'!
dependency registration is incomplete
pkg_add: can't open dependency file '/var/db/pkg/kdeartwork-3.4.0
/+REQUIRED_BY'!
dependency registration is incomplete

Please advise on what i should do to complete the kde install.

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Gareth