Problem w/ simple Hello World compiled w/ g++

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 19:44:25 GMT 2005

On 6/7/05, Keyser <keyser456 at verizon.net> wrote:
> >Cannot reproduce. Your program runs fine on my FreeBSD 5.4 machine.
> >What directory are you compiling and running the program from?
>
> >--
> >Dmitry
>
> Odd.  I'm both compiling it (with g++) and running it from the directory
> where I created this project: /usr/temp/cpptesting/

Mine was /usr/home/dd/development/tests/helloworldc++. I wasn't sure
if the directory mattered either, just wanted to check there was
nothing unusual there.

> I didn't think where you compile/run your program mattered?  To answer your
> latest question, I'm running i-386 FreeBSD 5.4 on an Athlon XP 2600, and
> haven't had any hardware issues.  Thanks for the quick response.

Athlon XP 2200.

Did you update your installation, for example to 5.4-RELEASE-p1, or
you're running what you installed from CDs? Where did you obtain the
CDs?

--
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"