pkgdb problem

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Tue Jun 7 00:34:25 GMT 2005

On Monday 06 June 2005 15:32,  the author Kris Kennaway contributed to the
dialogue on-
 Re: pkgdb problem:

>On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 02:14:16PM -0700, Vizion wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I managed  to get my pkgdb entirely screwed up - and there is now no
>> database.
>>
>> I tried pkgdb -fu
>> And was told there were 0 pkgs!
>>
>> How do I rebuild from scratch?
>
>If you accidentally delete your /var/db/pkg directory then the only
>way to recover it is to restore from backup.

Ooooooooooooooh dear
are there no recovery scripts - I lost my var partition - and the back up was
overwritten by a blank db!!
I have a file listing of all the packages installed on the system - an output
from pkg_info.
Do you happen to know if there is any way I can at least get that into the
pkgdb?

David
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.