FreeBSD 5.4 & Xwindows

Robert Marella rmarella at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 21:32:08 GMT 2005

Robert Slade wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> I've been trying to figure this out. I've tried googling for an answer
> but only got confused.
>
> I have a P4 machine with an ATI Radeon 9200 with 128Mbyte of memory
> built into the motherboard. I have not been able to get Xwindows to run
> at any greater resolution than basic VGA. All I seam to get is no driver
> or no screen defined.
>

> Goggle troughs up some info but for linux. Can anybody help please.
>
> Rob

Hello Rob

Sorry that I'm getting in this late. I have the 9200SE card in two of my
computers. Both are running 5.4

I added the following line to my kernel:

device          radeondrm

And then my card is recognized by dmesg

drm0: <ATI Radeon RV280 9200 SE> port 0xc000-0xc0ff mem
0xe5000000-0xe500ffff,0xd0000000-0xd7ffffff irq 11 at device 0.0 on pci1
info: [drm] AGP at 0xe0000000 64MB
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.11.0 20020828 on minor 0

Here are the important bits from xorg.conf

Identifier  "Card0"
         Driver      "ati"
         VendorName  "ATI Technologies Inc"
         BoardName   "Unknown Board"