postgrey question

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:18:34 PDT 2005

On Thursday 02 June 2005 13:10,  the author Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
contributed to the dialogue on-
 Re: postgrey question:

>On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Vizion wrote:
>> I do not know I buy that argument. The way I see it as a user of
>> this list -
>> it ain't broken as far as I am concerned and so I'd rather it not
>> be fixed.
>> My feeling is that you would be doing people a bigger favor by
>> letting them
>> sort out their own junk mail problem. It is not a listserver's job
>> to fix it.
>> It is up to the user/isp combination to fix.
>
>nobody was talking about the list or siggesting changing this or any
>other list.  This was a how to get postfix to do greylisting with
>postgrey on freebsd question.  I just brought up the point that
>greylisting itself is not a panacea and works better in conjunction
>with something like spam assassin to only grey list suspected spam.

Misunderstood you -- that what comes of replying without reading the whole of
a long thread. Maybe I should make an omelette out of the egg on my face

David
 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing May/June bound for Europe via Panama
Canal.