Starting system from floppy

Brian McCann bjmccann at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 12:47:20 GMT 2005

     Hi all.  I need to make a boot floppy for my system, but I'm
having trouble finding data on what to do / how to do it.  I have a
rather large array, and my system bios will not boot from it, so I
need to boot off of other means.  I recall when I was working with
RedHat (a long time ago), during the install it gave the option to
make a boot floppy to start the OS...that's basically what I'm looking
for.  I've got the kernel and everything on the hard drive array, I
just need the loader on the boot floppy.  Has anyone done this?  If
anyone can help me out, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks!
--Brian