freebsd 5.4 -R install error

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Sun Jul 31 15:59:38 GMT 2005

A R <dr0id0 at gmail.com> writes:

> On install i get this error : Unable to find device node for
> /dev/ad0s1b in /dev! The creation of filesystems will be aborted

It looks like it was trying to do something (swapon?) with the swap
device, but the "devfs" system never created a /dev/ad0s1b for it
because (I'm guessing) you never asked for one during the "disk
labeling" part of the install.  Except that I'd be suprised if it
would let you out of the disk labeler without insisting upon a swap
device. (Not that one SHOULD be required.)