correct syntax for openssl 0.9.8 in port

J.D. Bronson jbronson at wixb.com
Sat Jul 30 17:46:38 GMT 2005

I update my port tree on 5.4 to the latest and I am trying to figure
out what steps I need to build openssl 0.9.8 in /usr/ports/security/openssl
and end up overwriting any base files.

This question comes up often, perhaps a comment can be put into the makefile?

I have tried all the ideas on the archives and either it wont build
or it keeps trying to build 0.9.7g !!!

*ANY* advice will be greatly appreciated.

I am able to compile the src code cleanly, but that install will
place files in their own spot and obviously not overwrite base files.

thanks!

--
J.D. Bronson
Information Services