Problem with IPFilter/IPNAT

Alex de Kruijff freebsd at akruijff.dds.nl
Sat Jul 30 13:20:37 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jul 30, 2005 at 01:41:52PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> I am using IPFilter and IPNat on several FreeBSD boxes. They are mostly
> configured the same.
>
> Each box has two interfaces, public and internal, and acts as a router
> to the LAN which is 'behind' it. The LAN machines use the FreeBSD as the
> gateway, as well as a DNS server. I run cache-only config.
>
> The problem I have is that when, for any reason, the public link goes
> down, the machines on the LAN timeout when communicating.

It sound like there tying to lookup hostnames via DNS or something like
this.

Are you able to ping them with there ip addresses?
Are you able to ping them with there host names?

--
Alex

Please copy the original recipients, otherwise I may not read your reply.

Howto's based on my ppersonal use, including information about
setting up a firewall and creating traffic graphs with MRTG
http://www.kruijff.org/alex/FreeBSD/