Sendmail help needed

Alexandre Vieira nullpt at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:48:56 GMT 2005

Hello Glenn,

The odds of the reporting system are not of my fully knowledge, I just
know how and what mails go from where to who.

Imagine that a script on a reporting machine does this:

# mailx -s ERROR_FOUND_IN_PROC_SYNC syncproj

It will try to deliver the mail locally, as suposed to. If I define a
central hub or a Smart host it will deliver the mail I exampled to
syncproj at mailhub and it works fine. The problem is that it won't
lookup the mailhub MX record, It will send it directly to mailhub:25.
Now imagine that mailhub is down? There is a backup server listed as
an MX record for the mailhub domain with a higher pref that would take
the work while mailhub prefered MX is down.

I've been reading a little more and I think there is some kind of
feature/option that force a MX lookup on the mailhub host.

Thank you