Upgrading GNOME

Frank Jahnke jahnke at fmjassoc.com
Wed Jul 27 21:30:05 GMT 2005

I am upgrading Gnome from 2.4 to 2.10 with a clean install (I have
backups) as part of an upgrade from FreeBSD 5.2.1 to the 6.0 Beta (which
is working well, btw).  I would like to preserve various settings from
my old system, including bookmarks, passwords, old email, contacts, and
various folders.  How do I do so?

The upgrade is from Epiphany 1.4 to 2.2; Evolution is from 1.0.6 to
1.6.0.  A simple-minded copying of the old files into their original
locations showed that both Epiphany and Evolution did not recognize
them.  If there is a page describing the upgrade I'd be happy to follow
it if a link is provided.

Please copy me on any replies; I don't read both of these groups
regularly.

Thank you in advance!

Frank Jahnke