SCSI RAID management under FreeBSD 5.x

Amandeep aman at chamkila.org
Wed Jul 27 20:45:03 GMT 2005

D. Goss wrote:

> On Jul 27, 2005, at 12:22 PM, Amandeep wrote:
>
>> D. Goss wrote:
>>

>>> I've done a bit of searching but I haven't found exactly what I'm
>>> after.  As I understand it there is no way RAID management software
>>> for the IBM (Adaptec) ServeRAID cards (5i, specifically) that runs
>>> on  FreeBSD (5.x).  I have also read from the list archives that
>>> the  Linux management software that exists for the IBM ServeRAID
>>> cards  will not run under Linux mode in FreeBSD.
>>>
>>> Consedering that, I'm looking for an U320 SCSI RAID card (supports
>>> RAID-5 and hot spares) that has decent management software that can
>>> run on FreeBSD 5.  Can anyone who knows of a setup like this please
>>> refer me to a specific card and software?
>>>
>>> Thanks -
>>> d.
>>>

>> Megaraid 320-2X  Dual channel. thye have the Software on their web
>> www.lsilogic.com.  Drivers are inbuilt in stock kernel FreeBSD 5.3
>> and 5.4
>

> Thanks for the quick reply.  I went to the page and have been looking
> at their software.  I do see that there are drivers.  I can't locate
> any management software though, do you know what the name of the
> product is? (are you using it?) --
>
> thanks -
> d.

It has CLI. Megaraid SCSI 320-2X

http://www.lsilogic.com/downloads/license.do;jsessionid=D77ED5170B5693A7E71E21D60864C02C?id=2000&did=8625&pid=2407

If you unpack the zip file you'll get MegaRC zip file upzip it and then
do chmod 755 megarc and then run ./megarc ?
You/all get al ist of comands for managing the RAID.