Problem with isc-dhcp3-server and etherboot

Heinrich Rebehn rebehn at ant.uni-bremen.de
Wed Jul 27 14:52:50 GMT 2005

Hi list,

after upgrading isc-dhcp3-server to 3.0.3, my etherboot bootprom (5.4.0,
PXE) stopped working. It reports "No IP Address".

Has anyone else observed this? (I will also report this to the etherboot
ML).

After downgrading the package to 3.0.1.r14_6, etherboot is working again.

Some questions concerning portupgrade:
- Is there any way to downgrade to a previous version? (In this case i
was lucky that there still was an old binary package)
- Is there any config file i can change to make '-b' the default for
portupgrade?
- I noticed that portupgrade stops dhcp before upgrading, but does not
start it again afterwards. Is this expected behaviour?

Thanks for your help,

	Heinrich Rebehn

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341