ssh over a very bad http proxy :(

Petersen petersen at petersen.plus.com
Tue Jul 26 13:49:12 GMT 2005

Lei Sun <lei.sun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I spent almost entire week, customizing my freebsd server at home, and
> I would like to access it from my work place.
>
> But it doesn't seems to be possible without making http tunnels
> through an authenticated proxy server.
>
> I tried to use http-tunnel, it doesn't support the
> authenticated feature.

If you're referring to www/httptunnel, then yes it does. I've personally
used it to push ssh sessions via an authenticated http firewall. It's a
little flakey when the http proxy does something it doesn't like (like
closing the connection - it generally just crashes the hts process), but
it does work. Works fine on cygwin too if you only have a windows
machine at one end. Checkout the -P option.

Petersen