Problem report rejected

Gary W. Swearingen garys at opusnet.com
Mon Jul 25 17:21:55 GMT 2005

jackqq <jackqqpro at gmail.com> writes:

> <<< 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [60.26.7.157]
> <FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org>... Deferred: 450 Client host
> rejected: cannot find your hostname, [60.26.7.157]
> I'm an ADSL subscriber, and I have dynamic IP addresses, and my ISP

I am too, and saw as similar msg when first got going after installing
a new OS version.  A change in the sendmail config was needed.  IIRC,
all you need to do is do the "make" stuff in /etc/mail after removing
"dnl " and fixing 2nd arg in this line of the appropriate ".mc" file:

dnl define(`SMART_HOST', `your.isp.mail.server')

> SMTP on my machine currently, and I enable sendmail only for
> convenience for applications like send-pr.

Last time I tried send-pr (years ago) it wouldn't work with my
sendmail config and I've been using regular mail (from a PR template
based on output of "send-pr -P") ever since.

> I had a carbon copy of the PR message sent to, and received by, my
> mailbox at GMail. May I, if fortunately enough, forward my copy at
> GMail to freebsd.org to submit the problem report?

Don't know; shouldn't hurt to try.  Or use the web form at
"www.freebsd.org".