Problem report rejected

jackqq jackqqpro at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:53:18 GMT 2005

I sent a problem report using send-pr this evening. Later tonight I
was notified by my local MAILER-DAEMON, telling me the message I sent
(actually, my host) was rejected, excerpted as follows:

    **      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
    **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **

The original message was received at Mon, 25 Jul 2005 17:54:57 +0800 (CST)
from localhost [127.0.0.1]

... while talking to mx1.freebsd.org.:
>>> DATA
<<< 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostname, [60.26.7.157]
<FreeBSD-gnats-submit at freebsd.org>... Deferred: 450 Client host
rejected: cannot find your hostname, [60.26.7.157]
<<< 554 Error: no valid recipients
Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours
Will keep trying until message is 5 days old

I realized it was an anti-spam measure. Although the notification said
I should wait for another 5 days, I don't see much hope that the
message will be accepted this way.

I googled for "freebsd 450 client host rejected" and found a topic
"Freebsd list rejects mail", which was posted in this mailing list
later 2003. But the solution didn't seem to be quite suitable for me.
I'm an ADSL subscriber, and I have dynamic IP addresses, and my ISP
won't serve me a DNS entry. Frankly speaking, I do not intend to serve
SMTP on my machine currently, and I enable sendmail only for
convenience for applications like send-pr.

I had a carbon copy of the PR message sent to, and received by, my
mailbox at GMail. May I, if fortunately enough, forward my copy at
GMail to freebsd.org to submit the problem report?

Thanks in advance!

--
jackqq :-)