DHCP3 Server on FreeBSD 4.11

Paul Taylor ptaylor at addressplus.net
Sun Jul 24 12:57:05 GMT 2005

Glenn,

Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm still coming up with the same
failure...  You said that it built for you - Are you on FreeBSD 4.11,
or a newer build of FreeBSD?

I ask because the maintainer of this port stated in this post (http://
lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2005-April/084442.html)
that he didn't have a FreeBSD 4.11 box to test on and that that
particular user's problem was related specifically to 4.11.

I'm actually doing this to try to create a monowall development box,
which uses 4.11 as a base system.  My FreeBSD box is actually a VM.
We need to be able to create our own special builds of monowall to
add at least one new feature.  The way things usually work is that
one real reason starts us tinkering, then many additional features
are suddenly "needed" once management realizes that we can add
them...  :)

Paul