ps -awux

Akhthar Parvez. K akhthar at carmatec.com
Fri Jul 22 05:36:18 GMT 2005

Hi,

Thanks to Frank. I have changed the value of kern.ps_showallprocs to 1 and its
listing all processes now. I used the following command

sysctl kern.ps_showallprocs=1

Will the value change back to zero once the server is rebooted. If yes, is
there any way to make the changes permanently. I added the following line
into /boot/loader.conf, but that didn't help.
kern.ps_showallprocs="1"

Any help is much appreciated.

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 23:06, Frank de Bot wrote:
> Akhthar Parvez. K wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > When I run the command ps -awux from a user's bash shell(not root), it's
> > listing the processes under the particular user only. Can anyone tell me
> > why?
>
> Under FreeBSD 4.x the sysctl is:
>
> kern.ps_showallprocs
>
> 0: only show processes of the user itself
> 1: Show all processes

With Regards,

Akhthar Parvez.K
System Administrator