Questions FreeBSD NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nawcom nawcom at nawcom.no-ip.com
Fri Jul 22 05:15:06 GMT 2005

Um. Ok.
first of all, no one will respond with a subject like that.
Secondly in a polite manner, I tried  to interprete your questions so
bare with me.

- it looks like youre referring to 2 fat32 partitions that you want to
install freebsd over. I am assuming this is what you mean by "establish
BSD atop". you can resize the partitions to make room for the bsd
slice(s) you're going to create via freebsd installation.

-"At installation BSD then it is impossible to start Windows."
When you install freebsd are you installing the freebsd bootloader, or
are you just  simply overwriting the MBR to only boot freebsd?

-BSD does not have a graphical interface, but BSD does support X
Windows. This is pretty identical to linux - the core operating system
is command line based, gui support is managed through x windows.

-if you sucessfully boot up your computer and reach the login prompt for
freebsd, then it looks like you sucessfully have installed freebsd. but
from what it sounds like you have a while until you satisfy your needs
that you want from FreeBSD. you can always send questions to the mailing
list - we're willing to help.

Have you checked out the FreeBSD handbook? pretty self explanatory
assuming you have a good level of experience with understanding
computers, etc.
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook

hope some of this helps, reply if you have any more questions,
Ben