Questions FreeBSD NOT SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zick-1 zickxell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 04:09:01 GMT 2005

Hello.

Recently has ordered disks with Free BSD and has decided to establish on
the computer. At once I shall tell, that with FreeBSD it is familiar
very little and consequently.
There were many questions. Before from Unix similar
established and started Debian Linux. But in FreeBSD all differently...

1) I can not establish BSD atop Windows NT. The disk is broken into two parts
С:/and D:/. On With: it is established Windows (FAT32), D empty (FAT32). And
in my opinion BSD does not see the second disk. At installation BSD then it is impossible
to start Windows.

2) Whether has BSD the graphic interface? Or all works through #root?
3) Whether means that the system is established presence:
login: root
#

In the literature on a disk very few concrete explanations.

--
Best regards,
 zick-1                          mailto:zickxell at gmail.com