cannot install ntop under freeBSD 5.5

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Jul 20 23:47:43 GMT 2005

On 2005-07-20 19:10, PK <piotrekk at excite.com> wrote:

> hi
>
> did you install ntop on your freeBSD 5.4 without any errors ?
>
> under freeBSD 5.2.1 on the same hardware I didn't have any problems with ntop installation.
>
> I have cleand ntop & rrdtool ports, reinstalled again, but still get this errors:
>
> MP -MF .deps/rrdPlugin.Tpo -c rrdPlugin.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/rrdPlugin.lo
> rrdPlugin.c: In function `graphCounter':
> rrdPlugin.c:583: error: too few arguments to function `rrd_graph'
> rrdPlugin.c: In function `netflowSummary':
> rrdPlugin.c:728: error: too few arguments to function `rrd_graph'
> rrdPlugin.c: In function `graphSummary':
> rrdPlugin.c:926: error: too few arguments to function `rrd_graph'
> gmake[3]: *** [rrdPlugin.lo] Error 1
> gmake[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/net/ntop/work/ntop/plugins'
> gmake[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/net/ntop/work/ntop/plugins'
> gmake[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/ports/net/ntop/work/ntop'
> gmake: *** [all] Error 2
> *** Error code 2
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/net/ntop.
> ** Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/bin/script -qa /tmp/portupgrade26423.0 make
> ** Fix the problem and try again.
> ** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
>         ! net/ntop (ntop-3.1_1) (compiler error)
> --->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed

Are you sure you have an up to date ports tree and there are no stale
"work" directories in it?

Have you installed the latest version of rrdtool?

Apparently, you are using portupgrade.  Try updating both the
dependencies of ntop and the packages that depend on ntop:

	# portupgrade -a -N -vu -R net/ntop
	# portupgrade -a -N -vu -r net/ntop