No sound on gx280 with 5.4

Greg Barniskis nalists at scls.lib.wi.us
Tue Jul 19 22:38:45 GMT 2005

Rich Winkel wrote:
> I have a GX280 shipped 11/30/2004.  The 5.4 kernel doesn't probe any
> sound device.  Has anyone gotten this working?

The GENERIC (default) kernel doesn't have sound compiled in, but it
should be easy to get going with loadable kernel modules.

# kldload snd_driver

should probe all known sound devices, then

# cat /dev/sndstat

should tell you what specific module to name in loader.conf so that
it is automatically available on subsequent reboots

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348