FreeBSD Boot manager

Jerry Tarwid jtarwid at wi.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 23:26:08 GMT 2005

I have installed FreeBSD on a box with Windows XP & I installed the FreeBSD Boot manager. My question is how do I get rid of the boot manager??? I want to uninstall FreeBSD & uninstall the boot manager so my computer will just boot windows. I have 2 SATA hard drives, drive 1 has XP on it & drive 2 has XP 64 & FreeBSD. I'm using NTFS on both Windows drives. When I installed FreeBSD I installed the boot manager & was able to boot into all 3 os's. I uninstalled FreeBSD & booted to recovery console & did "fixboot" & "fixmbr" & when I tried to boot up I get "boot failure" like the FreeBSD boot manager left something in the mbr that fixmbr can't overwrite??? I re-installed FreeBSD with the boot manager & am able to boot to all 3 os's once again. Can anyone help me???

Thanks,

jtarwid at wi.rr.com