I am Newbie HELP

Victor Watkins strat-man at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 20:52:49 GMT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 12:00 +0000, shaunpasay at msn.com wrote:
> I have been trying to install freeBSD on a my system .I do not
>    understand the installation Process , If someone can make a easy to
>    follow setup ,I would be very HAPPY .I want a kde desktop .it will
> be
>    on a 6 gig partition sharing the hard drive with xp pro and i would
>    prefer a boot manager .It is not as easy as PcLinux or redhat and
> so
>    on .If someone can help THANKYOU!!!

You might want to try either using a LiveCD version to get familiar with
FreeBSD, like FreeSBIE http://www2.freesbie.org/ which is also
installable by running a script from a terminal while logged into the
FreeSBIE desktop, or for a more newbie friendly non-liveCD distribution,
I'd take a look at PC-BSD http://www.pcbsd.org/ .

FreeSBIE uses the XFCE4 desktop as default, although after installing to
your harddrive, KDE is installable through the FreeBSD "ports" system.
PC-BSD utilizes the KDE 3.4.0 desktop as the default. Good luck, hope
that helps.