Billing Server

Matt Juszczak matt at atopia.net
Mon Jul 18 18:27:18 GMT 2005

Hi all,

We're setting up a billing server on a Xeon 3.06 ghz with IDE drives (but
it doesn't need to be amazingly fast).

The billing system we're using supports freebsd 4.11 natively with 5.x
support.

I need this machine to be tight, and although it will have a public IP, pf
will be installed to keep SSH access to our network only as well as the
web interface of the billing system.

I'm wondering whether to install 4.11 on this machine or go with 5.4.  I
need something stable, rock solid, and secure, and I know 5.4 is this
also, but it is updated more often than 4.11.

What does everyone recommend?

Thanks!

-Matt