I have found a pc on the side curb

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Mon Jul 18 16:17:28 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jul 18, 2005 at 11:46:20AM -0400, Jason Stewart wrote:

> There are ways to get into a machine without using the password but
> the only right thing to do in your case would be to reinstall FreeBSD
> and just use the box that way instead of trying to get at the
> pre-existing and most likely private installation.

Betcha that defeats his purpose. Its not to have a FreeBSD machine but
to be nosey to find out what is on the one he found.

With physical access to the system its pretty easy to change the root
password. Is not as if the filesystems are encrypted. Am sure its in the
archives somewhere but I don't intent to make it easy by saying how.

Is much harder to force change the password without leaving a
significant trail.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net