Demon license?

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Mon Jul 18 08:52:58 GMT 2005

Incorrect text wrapping

On Monday, 18 July 2005 at  1:12:12 -0700, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> On  Sunday, July 17, 2005 4:14 PM, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

No I didn't.  I wrote this on Monday, 18 Jul 2005 08:44:03.

>> The daemon is copyright of Kirk McKusick <mckusick at mckusick.com>.
>> You should ask him for permission.  In general he gives it if the
>> usage is BSD-related, as it appears to be in this case.
>
> Strictly speaking, the IMAGES of the daemon that are on the
> mckusick.com website are what is copyrighted.  Nothing is stopping
> someone from drawing a 'devil' image and associating it with
> FreeBSD.

I no longer speak for the FreeBSD project, but we have never wanted to
be associated with devils.  I'm sure we would object if someone drew a
'devil' image and associated it with FreeBSD.

Greg
The virus contained in this message was detected, clubbed to death and
distributed throughout the Internet as vaccine by LEMIS anti-virus.
For further details see http://www.lemis.com/grog/lemis-virus.html

Finger grog at FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.